Framing your Alcohol Ink Painted Tile
August 3, 2016 by Diane Marcotte
So you’ve painted, sprayed both UV Protection and varnish on to a 6″ x 6″ ceramic tile. Now what are you options for hanging the tile?
I can suggest the following four ways:
Glue to IKEA Mirror Tile
- Ensure the hanging hole on the reverse is at the top and turn the Mirror Tile topside up.
- Apply a thick line of E6000 adhesive around the outside of the mirror.
- Center your sealed and varnished tile painting on the Ikea Mirror Tile. Check the alignment with a ruler. Tile should be 2” in from each edge of the Mirror Tile. (At this stage you can easily re-position the tile.)
- The glue takes quite awhile to dry so lay flat as it can easily slide off center.
- Allow to dry for at least 5 days before picking up or hanging.
Aftosa Wood Tile Frames
Aftosa has a number of products including frames, boxes with lids that hold a tile, holders to stand your tile, etc.
Framing under Glass
A square Shadow-box frame is ideal but the backing must be stiff and able to hold the glued tile.
Hanging an Unframed Tile
Artist Gwen Ridley (https://www.facebook.com/GrArtCraftsDesign) glues a matboard to the reverse of the tile. She first cuts out a small rectangle at the top where she glues a D-ring using Evo-Stik adhesive. The ring drops out of sight should you wish to place the tile in a holder.
Comments are closed.